Art, in its many forms, has always been a part of my life. While growing up in northern California, drawing, sewing, design and painting were ever present whether I was in school or at home. I designed school programs, posters, clothing, and painted water colors.
After graduating from high school in Burlingame, CA, I went to San Francisco State University. I graduated with a Bachelors degree in Art and a minor in History. Wesley Chamberlin and Alexander Napote, were among the professors I studied with at the university. The Northern California figurative painting was an active movement and an influence for me during that time. The San Francisco Art Institute and the University of Guadalajara in Mexico were among the schools I went to during the summers.
Moving to southern California I studied at the Otis Art Institute in Los Angeles and the Laguna Beach School of Art, especially influenced by L. Berman and drawing the figure.
I was represented in several galleries in Huntington Beach.
Years later I moved back to Northern California and pursued a graduate degree in Art from Sacramento State University. I enjoyed the challenge of studying with Oliver Jackson for several years who was a dynamic teacher and artist. I then taught Art in community colleges and schools and privately while exhibiting in galleries, museums and shows.
I continued to work in painting as well as with textiles and printmaking.
Since moving to Santa Fe in 2006, I have been working with printmaking, painting on silk and experimenting with mixed media. In this rich art environment I have studied with Ron Pokrasso, Patricia Pearce and Dan Welden. And I continue to participate in shows, galleries and museums and well as teaching art classes.
Selected Shows and Exhibits
- Ink + Press + Print! Night Sky Gallery, Santa Fe, NM February thru March 2018 prints
- Perfect Corpse Show, Santa Fe Convention Center Gallery August, September 2018
- International Silk Painters Calendar, juried featured artist for December 2017
- Faculty-Student Juried Art show in Santa Fe Community College Gallery 2016
- Jingletown Arts Center, Oakland CA featured artist, month of April 2015
- Hole- in-the-Wall Gallery, Oakland CA featured artist, 2014
- 2012 Eldorado Arts and Crafts show-mixed media, textiles
- 2012 Santa Fe Convention Center Gallery show Juried-“Mining the Unconscious”-monoprint
- 2011 New Mexico Creates Museum Store (ongoing)-mixed media
- 2009-2012 – 5 Group shows at Johnson’s Gallery in Madrid w (ongoing representation)
- 2009 Espanola Valley Fiber Arts Show-juried-Ghost Ranch, NM
- April-May 2009-“What Seeds Have Sewn”-Juried Exhibit at the Convention Center Gallery, Santa Fe-monoprint
- April-May 2009-Fiber Arts Fiesta-Juried Show-two silk paintings
- 2008-2009 Ratner Museum, Baltimore, MD-Juried-tow silk banners
- 2008 Santa Fe Community College Art Gallery-monoprints
- 2008 Silk Painters International-Juried show judged and curated by National Gallery-fiber arts
- 2004 Roseville Arts Gallery-Four Silk Artists
- 2003 Roseville Open show-juried
- 1999-2005 Sierra College Open and Alumni shows-juried and non-juried
- 1999 Auburn Art Walk, Robie House, Auburn, CA-solo show
- 1999 KVIE-Public television Art Auction-Juried
- 1996-1997 ARTS Gallery Juried Show-Auburn CA
- 1993 Witt Fellowship Juried show-CSU-Sacramento, CA
- 1991 UC-Davis-MedCenter Employees Art Show-First Prize juried by M. Himovitz
- Shows in Banks, Restaurants and Art Schools including Laguna Beach School of Art, Art Associations and Art Centers,
- USC-San Francisco, CA and CSU-Sacramento, CA
Currently showing at the Johnson’s Art Gallery in Madrid, NM
Past Galleries include;
- Phantom Gallery, Sacramento, CA
- Huntington Beach Art Gallery, Huntington, CA
- Stinson Beach Art Gallery, Stinson Beach, CA
- ARTS Gallery-Auburn,CA,
- Original Art Works Sacramento, CA,
- Matrix Gallery Sacramento, CA
- Art-in-Residence for middle school and teens in Roseville and Lincoln, CA
- Published watercolor in Accent International and silkwork in Silk painters International 2008
- Arts Commissioner in Roseville, CA